Thursday, April 17, 2008

Traffic Woes

Papa Law anwers your traffic law questions
Q. Can I drive on the beach? Baywatch Babe, Gadong
A.Except with the permission of the Commissioner of Police or the Director of Land transport, most beach areas in Brunei are off limits to motor vehicles, with the notable exception of Serasa beach as it is not really a beach but a spit (if I recall my O level Geography correctly - got an A you know!).
Q. I ride a Harley and I want to wear those cool German Army style helmets. Surely it is ok? Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die, Labi
A. Ha, you think? The law requires a rider to use a helmet which conforms to the Singapore Standard Specification S.S. 9:1970 or the British Standard B.S 2001:1972. Anything else is illegal to use or sell. So check the helmets before you buy.
Q. I am still confused as to the law regarding seat belts and child seats. I have 7 childern. Explain. Big Momma, Rimba
A. Adults who sit in the driver's and front passenger's seats must wear seat belts. Children under the age of 6 or below 1.3 cannot sit in the front passenger seat. Children under 12 must wear seat belts or other appropriate restraining devices such as child seats or baby cots wherever they are seated. Might be difficult if you have 7 children in the car but hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm only stating the law.
Q. Tinted car windows are just the thing. I also takut hitam. Can use or not? Fair Lady, Kupang
A. Good news for you but more next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rofl rofl this was hilarious